Sunday, June 10, 2007

Advisory: This Ain't Disney! (2)

My first impression of Blood Tea and Red String for the title itself, has already created thoughts in my head that it would involve a lot of things being stained blood red. When I watched the trailer, the music was kind of freaky, it had me think that something may jump out at me at anytime, similar to one of those screamers on the Internet that leave you shaken up. The cake in the beginning may seem harmless at first, but soon after there's a clip of mice pouring blood tea for one another and drinking it. Later on a group of hairy creatures are playing Cat's Cradle, seems like a friendly game but the scene quickly changes and becomes twisted once again focusing on the red eyed mice. The mice remind me of vampires since they always seem to be portrayed in dark rooms(never outside) and drink a blood red liquid. Later on in the trailer, it appears that there are other creatures including a spider going after a single doll or image of a girl. In the description of the film and further into the trailer I am assuming that the various creatures steal this doll from one another. The doll never seems to be shared among the difference species, telling me that there's some sort of greed and conflict among them. I myself wouldn't want to watch this film because I dislike horror movies(they keep me up at night). I find the trailer images quite powerful, since they still linger in my thoughts, I may even have trouble sleeping tonight. I think the creator of the trailer is very good at disrupting my expectations of the film. Through quick transition of images, the trailer causes me to think one way and suddenly shatters that impression and creates a new one leaving me to wonder what the film is all about.

1 Comments:

Blogger Largo said...

The screamer startled me! I hope you were able to sleep after watching the trailer!

7:02 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home