Sunday, June 03, 2007

Web 2.0 is You

Web 2.0 forces us to rethink ourselves. The web allows us to link to other people, and obtain vast amounts of information in a matter of seconds as technology continues to improve. Although not everything on the web is all bright and sunny. On the web, behind a computer we are able to become a completely different person, because we can manipulate data such as text, images, and sound through software. No one else aside from close friends will know our true identities. Our ability to manipulate information about ourselves if we choose allow us to assume false identities and force images of our alter egos on others lurking on the web who happen to stumble across our blog/facebook. I myself wouldn't be able to converse with another person with the same style of written text within this blog. I am able to rethink, edit, and republish this blog over and over again covering most of my mistakes and masking my true character, if I tried reading what ever I typed here, I'd probably stumble over my words a few times. I've probably edited this blog several times before you dropped by and began reading. On the computer I tend to type quite a bit(unless it's for homework). This might make others view me as a talkative person, in fact I am not, I'm very quite and don't like talking a lot. Sometimes we may get lost in our alter egos and associate them with real life. It maybe good such as gaining self confidence or bad such as being lost in a fantasy world.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home